Speech Language & Auditory Learning, PLLC


Frequently Asked Questions


Do I need a physician referral for speech therapy?

You do not need a referral if you plan to pay for services out of pocket.  If you plan to try to use your insurance to pay for services, you will need to get a physician referral.  You can ask your physician to fax a speech therapy referall to The Speech House at 903-581-4515.

Does insurance cover speech therapy?

Sometimes. Insurance requires that a medically necessary requirement be met. Depending on your child's difficulty and on your insurance policy, they may or may not cover the service. You should always call your insurance plan and ask them about your benefits for speech therapy.

Do you accept my insurance?

We are in network providers for most Medicaid plans, BCBS of TX, and a few other plans.  It is a good idea to check directly with your insurance plan to verify the following: is speech therapy a covered deductible, which providers are in network with your plan, are pre-authorizations required, are there limitations on the number of visits, and what will be the client cost including deductibles and copayments.

Do you treat more than just speech articulation disorders?

Yes. It is a common misconception that Speech Therapists only work on speech sounds.  We are communication specialists and work with any disorder that affects your child's ability to communicate effectively.  See our therapy page for a list of many disorders which we treat. 

Do you treat Autism Spectrum Disorders?

Yes. We work on a range of communicative skills with children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder.